What comes to mind when you think of the 1970s? Disco music. Movies such as Star Wars, Jaws, Rocky, Annie, The Godfather, and Saturday Night Fever. Legendary musicians Bing Crosby and Elvis Presley died, as did rock stars Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison and Jimi Hendrix. The Watergate scandal dominated U.S. politics and caused President Richard Nixon to resign. The voting age in federal elections was lowered from 21 to 18.
On TV, you could watch The Brady Bunch. All in the Family. Charlie's Angels (the original version with Farrah Fawcett). And you could travel to Fantasy Island on The Love Boat. You got to know iconic characters like Mary Richards on the Mary Tyler Moore Show and Hawkeye Pierce or Col. Potter on M*A*S*H*.
In the sports world, Muhammad Ali defeated Joe Frazier in the "Thrilla in Manila" boxing match. Mark Spitz won 7 Olympic gold medals in the 1972 Munich summer games. Nadia Comaneci earned the first perfect "10" score in women's gymnastics at the 1976 Montreal summer games.
Many items we now can't live without (and some we've since made obsolete) became commercially available. Cell phones. Microwave ovens. Personal home computers. VCRs. Pocket calculators. Video games. The Sony Walkman portable cassette player. E-mail and voice mail.
Celebrate that seminal decade in our 1970s T-shirts, even if you weren't alive then!
- Beatles SGT Pepper T-ShirtS M L XLMens
- Sale!The Beatles Classic Logo Zip Up HoodieSAVE
49%$29.99-$39.99S M L XL XXLMens
- Out of StockStar Wars Abbey Road T-ShirtS M L XLMens
- Out of StockBeatles All You Need is Love ShirtS M L XLWomens(1)
- Out of StockThe Beatles Lonely Hearts T-ShirtS M L XL XXLMens
- Out of StockWomens The Beatles SGT Pepper Costume T-ShirtS M L XLWomens
- Out of StockBeatles Apple HeatherS M L XL XXLMens