Ok – so, you’ve come up with a great idea for a custom t-shirt, but you aren't sure how to take your apparel-epiphany from your brain to your closet. Don’t worry: we have an awesome custom tee designer that can help you make your stroke of genius a reality.
For today’s demonstration of the infallible awesomeness of our Custom Design Creator, we will be making a tee in honor of the newest phenomenon taking geekdom by storm: Twitch Plays Pokémon.
For those of you who have no idea what this string of words is all about, Twitch Plays Pokémon is a video game social experiment that’s kind of consuming people’s lives. Tens of thousands of people are simultaneously controlling the main character of Pokémon Red, streamed live for hours of hurry-up-and-wait excitement. With a complete lack of any intelligable direction, all of these gamers wrestle to move Twitch, making the easiest actions nearly impossible. And the world is watching! The page has been viewed over 27 million times and has garnered a near-religious following. Pretty awesome, right?
A Step-By-Step Guide to Making Your T-Shirt
(You know you want that Twitch shirt. Here’s how to make it,
or anything else your heart desires, happen.)
Step 1: Select Your Shirt Style and Color
- First things first, head over to the Custom T-Shirt Designer page here: http://www.t-shirts.com/custom-tee-landing.aspx.
- Click the button that is so helpfully titled “Get Started.”
- You’re now at the style selection stage. Decide what type of shirt you want to wear and click on it. Underneath, each photo displays how the shirts look on an actual human body. You’ll actually see prices, sizes, and which colors are available. We’re going to pick our exclusive style - the 100% Pima Cotton Crew Neck - because it’s super soft.
- Once you choose the style, we’ll ask you which color you want. Make your choice, then click “Start Designing.”
Step 2: Design Your T-Shirt
- You are now in the shirt designer itself. (Brace for impact!) On the left side, you will see a few boxes where you can choose how many shirts you want (the quantity) and in what size. Not sure what size you want? Take a look at our sizing chart!
- ADD TEXT: The second tab in the designer is where you get to add your incredibly witty remarks. In honor of Twitch Plays Pokémon’s favorite held item, our shirt will read, “Praise The Helix Fossil.” (It’s a real reference, trust us. Seriously!) After you type in your text, use the drop down boxes underneath to pick your font color, type, and size.
- TIP: You can add multiple areas for words to your shirt. Just click anywhere outside of the text box on the tee and a new one will be created. You can move the text box around on the shirt to get the perfect placement.
- ADD ART: The third tab in the designer is where you get to add any images that you want. Click the Upload File button to search your computer for the photo file that you plan to use. After your photo is fully loaded onto the shirt (our photo, of course, is an ammonite shell to represent the almighty Helix Fossil), you have a few questions to consider:
- Does the image have a square white background around it? Click Remove White and we’ll get rid of that for you.
- Do you want to change the color of your picture? We can help you with that, too. Look through the color drop-down menu to pick the perfect shade. If you change your mind, you can click 'Revert Image Color' above the color selections to return the shade to normal.
- Is your picture too small or too big? Just resize it! The height and width measurements you see near the bottom of the designer are locked together, so if you increase or decrease one, the other will follow suit.
- ADD NAMES & NUMBERS: This last section is for the back of your shirt. If you’re making tees for a sports team, this is what you want. Again, select the font style and color you like best and then input the name and number to be printed on the tee. Here we have TWITCH, obviously, and for the number, we’ll pick 11, because February 11th was the day the Helix Fossil was revived and transformed into Omantye.
- When you enter in your number choice, you’ll get two options for color. “Color” means what the bulk of the number will be and “stroke” referes to what the outline will be.
Step 3: Finish Up!
- If you’re happy with your completed shirt, you’re ready to check out. Make sure that the Terms and Conditions box is checked underneath the Add to Cart button in the lower right section of your screen, and then continue on to your cart.
- If at any time you want to change or remove anything you’ve added to the tee, you can click through the text and image tabs to go back to your previous work. You have a free pass to experiment and play around.
- The rest is just like buying any other of our pre-made shirts on T-Shirts.com. Select which shipping method you’d like, enter in your billing address and information, and before you know it, you’ll have your 100% unique t-shirt arriving at your doorstep.
If at any time you have other questions about the process, go ahead and get in touch. Our customer service contact information is here, and we also have Live Chat available if that’s what you prefer.
Other Uses for Custom Tees
Our custom t-shirt designer is not just for weirdo Pokémon fans like us. No! It is for everyone! Here are just a few more ideas of what you could use this tool for:
- Sports Teams
- Family Reunions
- Band Merchandise
- Events (i.e., 10th Annual NASA Bake Sale)
- Competitions (i.e., T-Shirts.com Mario Kart Tournament 2014)
- Gifts (i.e., World's Best Grandma!)
Other Twitch Plays Pokémon Ideas
Oh, you’re actually here because you’re totally obsessed with Twitch Plays Pokémon? Okay, okay … here are some more ideas for you:
- Consult The Helix Fossil
- The Helix Fossil Compels You
- In The Helix Fossil We Trust
- Any picture of an ammonite fossil
- Team Anarchy Mode
- Team Democracy Mode
- Flareon Is The False Prophet
- Twitch Plays Pokémon Team shirts with these names on the back: